Thursday, May 19, 2016

New Forsaken Mission Part 1

New tiers and points 

I was planning on doing a post about the new prizes, but I feel like showing you what the new targets are is more important. 

The tier system is staying the same, tier 1 is 150,000, tier 2 is 2,500,000, tier 3 is 4,500,000 and tier 4 is 50,000,000. The old targets will still payout the same. 

The tier system has had a new tier introduced, with 150 million needed to reach it. The only prizes currently inside the tier are 5x shard for the Proto, Hellstar, and Man-o-War. Along with a new tier, there are new targets. 

Old targets will still be available to hit, but until JUNE 22. Kixeye has stated that they will remove the old targets on June 22. During this time, I advise you to try out and hit the new targets to get a feel for them 

With 8 new targets, with points ranging from 15K to 33M. 
  • Level 27 - 15,000
  • Level 37 - 67,500
  • Level 45 - 168,750
  • Level 60 - 506,250 
  • Level 70 - 1,265,625
  • Level 80 - 3,796,875 
  • Level 90 - 9,492,188 
  • Level 97 - 33,222,656 
The uranium payouts for the tier are as follows 
  • Tier 1 - 3,000
  • Tier 2 - 8,500
  • Tier 3 - 15,000
  • Tier 4 - 40,000
  • Tier 5 - 60,000 






Here is a chart I made showing how many you have to hit to get the desired tier. For tiers need 5.5 hits, for examples, I rounded to 6. The hit count is approximate.  

Fleet that I'm using

I've made a change to my punishers, I've added anti-mortars. I also took out my Aegis and my Omega. As mortars will start to fire at our ships once you enter at certain angles, and the aegis is 4 combat speed slower, and takes mortar fire too.  I'm also adding another punisher with anti-missile, as you can shoot down the missiles too.

https://www.dahippo.com/bp/ship/#!4MNH00000005B6A2S330C23232323235555000000INH00000005B6A2S330C23232323230000000000MNH00000005B6A2S330C232323232355550000000ZZ0ZZdC

Make sure to use those token we got last raid for the big targets, if you still have them, as they can be very handy now. 

New Targets 

All the targets are the same from the past raid cycle. Any tactics you have from then, use them. The first issue of the new targets is the very poor spawn rate, and the missing of the 90 targets, and the inclusion of the 87's 

Anti-mortars are a must in some of these targets. With a low firing arc, they come down in a couple seconds and have a high splash. Anti-missile can be utilized too. Make sure to use crews, Steel heads, Sea Serpents, Wolfpack, Grease Monkeys if you feel like you must. 

Link to a playlist of all the targets: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcz6CnlXWw4Di4-zIQMgjp4TosHJRjvV7

The hardest part of these targets is the mortars and missiles again, try and use fleet that has a fast speed to evade the coldsnap and good enough mortar/missile coverage. Make sure to take out the buildings with the special field, this greatly reduces the amount of damage they can take.

The Zoe's Rhino are over powered again in the higher level targets. As you can see in the video for the Level 90's, it took about 30 hits from 15 Arbalest on Punishers to knock one out.

Keep moving and destroy the marked buildings is the best advice I have for you, the mortars will overwhelm your counter measure, but that doesn;t mean they don't help.

The targets need a locator tab, like armadas have it. This would help the lower players find the right targets.


97 Targets 

Created to be the new 85's, there provide the same difficulty as the 85's when first introduced. The hardest part of the 97 is the new Halo-Blade turret and the Rhino again. The Halo-Blade turret has the graphics of the blade missile, but has splash damage. I recommend using a small pinch to disable it while you get in range and kill it. You can also use this method, of using the small pinches to take out certain sections. 



The red circles are the Halo-Blade turrets. They automatically fire once you enter combat, and unlike the executioner missiles they cannot be shot down.

 I would take out the Halo-Blades first, as they have a very long range. I don't know how Cobra Scatterguns would work in here, if someone knows please let me know in the comments. I would take out the Citadels first than the Rhinos, so I don;t get trapped under mortar fire.

A good crew to use would be either Steelheads, or Sea Serpents, or Wrecking Crew. Any legendary crews would be great to use also, but common crews are cheaper. Gearheads and fearless blizter are the best to use after some testing, they allow for you to run past the Halo-Blade missile at the start.

The 97 cost me about 10 hours in repairs, but that will go down as I better my driving in it, and put my anti-missile punisher with my fleet.

VXP weekend 

Are you ready for the VXP weekend? 





























I am... 

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks for your notes and tips. I did 2 97s at the start of this FM and though the win screen came up and showed my win and 33+mil points, it never registered on the award screen. after the 2nd fail of this, I sent a ticket in and went on to complete the fm doing 85s with Puns... 2nd game screw up, I didn't get to select T-4, it was auto selected.. Also sent ticket in on that... be interesting to hear if this is happening in your sector as well.. Happy hunting..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had no problem with losing points, Kixeye claimed to have fixed the problem at around 6:20 PM Central US. For the prize selection, you have to go in order now, it sucks

      Delete